Stylish Portfolio

Monday, January 10, 2011

Easy Cupcake Stands!



 I'm in the middle of planning two birthday parties, so of course, I've got cupcakes on the brain.  But when am I NOT thinking of cupcakes :)!!!

Anyway, I've been scouring my favorite stores and blogs as I try to think of innovative ways to present my lovely cupcakes.  Back in December, I spotted these made by Jessica of Modern Moments Designs and thought they were adorable, easy to make and  inexpensive to boot!  So I thought I'd share it with you too!

These will work nicely for my daughter's upcoming birthday party; maybe they'll work for your party too!

Here's what you'll need:


1. Mini 3″ Candle Sticks made by Lara Crafts $2.99 for a set of 4
2. 3.25″ Wooden Unfinished Circles $0.29 ea. at
 JoAnn’s Craft Store
3. Wood Glue (I’m sure any brand will do), My Hubby already had some in the garage
4. Spray Paint (pick a color, any color), Rust-Oleum from 
Home Depot $3.44 a can

I have seen the unfinished candle sticks are my local Michael's (Rockville, MD) store.  But Jessica had to order hers online at New Image Group.    Using the wood clue, place a little bit on the candle stick and adhere the wooden circle on top.  Let it dry for 24 hours.  Once dry, use the spray paint to coat the cupcake stand.  Jessica says these took 4 coats.  You might want more or less depending on the look you're going for.

Could these couldn't look any cuter!

No comments:

Post a Comment