Stylish Portfolio

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Love Captured in Haiti


A few days ago, I was dreaming on lounging on the beaches of my country of birth, Haiti.  You can see why from the picture above.  Most recently the general public came to know Haiti after the devastating earthquake that ravaged the country.  Before that most people either know it has the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere or just didn't know it at all.  It's true that Haiti has had it's fair share of problems, but to me it's always been my motherland. An island filled with pristine beaches, a cuisine and language that represents a fusion of cultures from French, African, Creole and Spanish; a warm, generous and hopeful people, and of course some of the best folk art around.

So today, I wanted to share some of the beauty of my country with this engagement shoot. This lovely couple are both Haitian and reside in Haiti.  I am ecstatic to say that I found this shoot over at Style Me Pretty and they too, fell in love my country.  The session was captured by KT Merry Photography.  There are lots more pics on Style Me Pretty so be sure to check out the full gallery here.



how stunning is that dress?!


























No comments:

Post a Comment