Stylish Portfolio

Monday, July 11, 2011

Mehendi Party Details!

Hi my loyal readers!  I am back from a vacation and hitting the ground running.  I am working on the final details for the Indian/American wedding that I working on.  I have been helping my bride find a henna artist for the Indian Ceremony part of the wedding extravaganza, specifically the Mehendi Party!  What is Mehendi Party you ask?  Well, in Indian traditions, the bride gets together with all her female friends and family the night before she gets married and they have Mehendi Party.  She gets adorned in with these beautifully designed henna tattoos on her hands and feet.  The great thing is the henna is all natural and not permanent but can last for a few weeks.

I love the work of henna artists.  The details, the intricacy of the art work, all done by hand, is just amazing.  When my friend Anita got married I was lucky enough to take part in the Mehendi Party and loved every minute of it.  I thought I'd share with you some designs I came across while perusing Pinterest.  Hope you like them!











No comments:

Post a Comment